The renovation involves a first floor apartment of an exemplary building of 1950‘s Milanese architecture. On the corner of Via Goito and Via Cernaia, architect Gianni Petrini in 1951 stages a sculptural contrast between the silence of a high, solid wall and the tension and rhythm of cantilevered balconies, in a building that is an interweaving of elements of different scales. Reflection on the project stems from the relationship between the interior space and its context filtered through a façade, characterized by the succession of five large openings. A rectangular volume of 15×5 meters is cleaned up and inside it is designed a 15 meters long facade that absorbs and hides the service spaces, kitchen and bathrooms. In a dynamic dialogue between the longitudinal facades of the volume and the external façades on Via Goito, a series of “rediscovered” objects are inserted transversely, marking the rhythm of life inside the apartment.